Mark as read

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Rob1NNko
User

Mark as read

Post by Rob1NNko »

Hello,

I am using PDF-Xchange Editor Plus and I wonder how to mark as read those bookmarks I have read?
I am studying from PDFs but because I am using more sources, more PDFs, I am not going through PDFs page by pagem but I read what I need so I would like to mark it as read somehow

Like "this topic/bookmark I have read today, mark as read"

Is it possible somehow?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Mark as read

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Rob1NNko,

The PDF specification is quite explicit for bookmarks, and there's no provision for them to be 'marked' as read/unread in a way that will be saved in the file. However - you can rename bookmarks, so you can e.g. add something as short as (r) at the end of a bookmark you have already been through so that you can quickly see directly in the bookmarks pane that is' been done.
Alternatively you can make the bookmarks bold and or italic - also a way to differentiate.

The above mentioned changes to the names or appearance of bookmarks can be saved with the file - so they will still be there in a new session or even on a new machine.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Rob1NNko
User

Re: Mark as read

Post by Rob1NNko »

Hi Stefan,

thanks for information.
I will use some way you mentioned.

Thank you very much :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin