Ribbon Icon adjustments

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

barry2104
User

Ribbon Icon adjustments

Post by barry2104 »

I have 2 questions about PDF XChange that I hope you can answer. My system is in German but I assume that’s not an issue for you to recognise what everything means.

1) After trying to optimise my main working ribbon and moving some of the icons around to suit my needs, I have found that I have some empty spaces between a separator and an icon(s) or between two separators (two instances highlighted in yellow and blue below)
Before:
After moving Line („Linie“) to the right, wanting to give it a smaller icon size), and moving Stamp („Stempel“) to the far right/end of the ribbon, i have now yellow and blue marked empty spaces that I can’t remove:

Here are my options after right clicking on any icon

Right clicking on a thin or thick (group) separator doesn’t give me any further options – just the ability to select which icon groups i want to turn on/off

Can you tell me how to remove these separators and empty spaces?

2) Can you also tell me how to easily convert a large icon (like the above Stamp) to a small one? It seems as though the sub-sections within a toolbar are prefixed to have either only large, only small, or both large and small icons. How can I change one subsection to have only small icons?

Thanks for your help!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Ribbon Icon adjustments

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Barry,

I believe we also discussed this over e-mails.
Once you close the customization window - those 'empty' spaces will disappear.

As for the second question - it is not currently possible to select the small or large icon size, and that is automatically selected.

Regards,
Stefan