Add a stamp with checkboxes  SOLVED

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

heilmaa1
User

Add a stamp with checkboxes

Post by heilmaa1 »

Dear all

How is it possible to add checkboxes, cusomized date and editable text to a self created stamp? I tried with the formular buttons and the date also with this help https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... p-Creation, but the result is a static stamp with no options for the user.

I am not a Java expert, but is it maybe possble, that my company has simply disabled Jave funtionality? I am using PDF-XChange Editor Plus, Version 7.0, Build 325.1

My planned stamp file is attached...

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice monday,
Andreas
Attachments
885d448e-170a-43c2-aa607338b5335838.pdf
(227.73 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Add a stamp with checkboxes

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that dynamic stamps in PDF's don't work that way. They are dynamic before placement, so any dynamic data is entered/updated during the placement action and, once the stamp is placed, it becomes a normal and static stamp.

It's also worth noting that Java and JavaScript (ECMAScript) are two entirely different languages and JavaScript is what is used to work with PDFs.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
heilmaa1
User

Re: Add a stamp with checkboxes

Post by heilmaa1 »

Hi Will

okay, I see.
So there is no option to implement a generic, variable stamp, which gives the user the possibility to activate checkboxes, change date etc.?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Andreas
Attachments
image.png
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Add a stamp with checkboxes  SOLVED

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Andreas,

I'm afraid not. You could implement the stamp a little differently, so that upon clicking to place the stamp the user is prompted to enter certain info. that would then be shown after they e.g. press 'OK' to a pop-up dialogue. However working with dialogues is extremely complex. You may be better off creating a generic form for the user to fill. If necessary, that form could them be overlayed at a specific point in another PDF.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com