Is there a way to change colors in searches in forum

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cricket1001
User

Is there a way to change colors in searches in forum

Post by cricket1001 »

I did a search of a couple of words. So in every place where the words was found they were highlighted in dark navy and the text was black. So I could not read the words that were highlighted. It also was very distracting to have the dark navy as the highlight.

Also, how can I have the default for every post I make have the box checked for "Notify me when a reply is posted"?

I really wish there were tutorials to learn everything in PDF-XChange Pro. It takes so very long to figure out how to do things. It also is hard finding answers to your questions. This causes more posts. It takes a long time just to read through all the posts titles.
Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to change colors in searches in forum

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the post!
I did a search of a couple of words. So in every place where the words was found they were highlighted in dark navy and the text was black. So I could not read the words that were highlighted. It also was very distracting to have the dark navy as the highlight.
Unfortunately there isn't any way to do this, as far as I'm aware. You can change the forum skin and, depending on the skin chosen, this will change the text colour so that the highlight might be less obnoxious.
Also, how can I have the default for every post I make have the box checked for "Notify me when a reply is posted"?
I'm afraid that there isn't any way to do this either. Typically websites do not allow for these kinds of defaults to be set on a per-user basis. Given that we use PhBB, there's only a limited amount that we can control, so I'm not sure that it's possible for us to add some kind an option to automatically subscribe to posts.
I really wish there were tutorials to learn everything in PDF-XChange Pro. It takes so very long to figure out how to do things. It also is hard finding answers to your questions. This causes more posts. It takes a long time just to read through all the posts titles.
Thanks
This is something that we've been wanting to do for years, but we simply don't have the resources (i.e. people to spare) to work on this at the moment. For now, we do have a fairly comprehensive knowledgebase and online manual:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com