Increase number of custom forms in PDF printer?

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mjesecbekrija
User

Increase number of custom forms in PDF printer?

Post by mjesecbekrija »

Hello!

Because I'm first time here, let me just say that I enjoy using Tracker PDF products, especially viewer and virtual printer. All are very powerful, easy to use and optimized even for slow systems.
Now to get to the point. At my work I suggested using Tracker Software PDF printer for printing large PDF documents (drawings). Main reason was because of creating custom forms within a PDF printer, which are independent of windows print forms. Now, because we use non-standard drawing sizes and also a lot of custom defined drawing forms for almost any type of roll width (ie 914x297mm or 1067x420mm up to 4000x1067mm in all combinations and in steps of 50mm), we are unable to use all of our template forms which number in over 600. PDF printers maximum number of custom forms is 100.
I know its possible to use profiles to store more custom forms, but that implies switching profiles while printing multiple drawings and that can get complicated. Is it possible to enable more custom forms per profile?

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Increase number of custom forms in PDF printer?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mjesecbekrija,

Have you tried with leaving the Sheet Size settings to Auto (as in the screenshot below) - as this should allow your printing application to pass it's desired sheet size to our printing driver. And the driver will accept that and directly create the PDF page with the desired dimensions.

Best,
Stefan
Attachments
page settings.zip
(89.35 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
mjesecbekrija
User

Post by mjesecbekrija »

Thanks for a reply and advice. Actually we're looking for a solution with custom form templates with already predefined sizes. We don't want users to create forms but use only available ones. And, because we want to have wide range of forms, it is necessary that they are available trough printers own custom forms.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mjesecbekrija,

I'll discuss this with my colleagues from the dev team, but I don't think there is currently a way for you to increase this limit to more than 100.

Best,
Stefan