Add page numbers to a PDF file

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

theywood
User

Add page numbers to a PDF file

Post by theywood »

Can you tell me how to add page numbers to an existing PDF file using the SDK? I am looking for VB code that will do what the PDF-Tools program can do in terms of adding page numbers.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Add page numbers to a PDF file

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello theywood,

I believe there is no built in ready to use function I am afraid so you will need to program it yourself using the manipulation functions available in the XCPRO40 LIB.

Best,
Stefan
theywood
User

Post by theywood »

Can you point me to the right functions to use? I read a message about creating new pdf file with additional content and placing it over existing document. I assume I woudl use the PXCp_PlaceContents function for this. Would it be better to use one of the PXC_TextOut functions or some other method?
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

You should use any suitable functions to create another pdf file with additional content (PXC_TextOut or PXC_DrawTextExW to place text to required position, ans so on), and then use PXCp_PlaceContents to place created pdf file over existing content, as you read before.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.