Portfolio PDF Files

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glima
User

Portfolio PDF Files

Post by glima »

Is there any way to manipulate Portfolio PDF files? A client sent us one that has multiple PDF files. We need to be able to stamp each page with a Watermark and write it to a new file. Our current software will stamp the first file in the portfolio but not the rest.
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Portfolio PDF Files

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

I'm affraid xcpro40 cannot manipulate with PDF collection files as with single file, and there is no hi-level functions even to extract/embed files in a PDF collection.

There is only one solution for now - to use low-level API to extract the other PDF files from the collection, update them (as separate files), and then put them back in the collection using the same low-level API. Not a trivial task, but it will work, also requirs that you are licensed for the full PDF-XChange PRO SDK - not just the PDF-Tools SDK, to utilise low level API functions.

HTH
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
truane
User

Post by truane »

I don't suppose there is any sample code Knocking around for this is there
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

I am afraid not - the low level API is not supported and requires an extensive and thorough knoweledge of the PDF format.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com