Is resource.dat required?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

WayneH
User

Is resource.dat required?

Post by WayneH »

If I am using the CoPDFXCView active x (PDFXCviewAx.dll) , but not creating an interface or viewing PDFs,
do I need to distribute the resource.dat file?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is resource.dat required?

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Wayne,

Again - from the help file - redistribution topic :
Redistribution info.

To redistribute your own application to your end users, the following components should be included in your installation and you must also register the components as outlined below:

PDFXCview.exe

PDFXCviewAx.dll

Resource.dat

Gdiplus.dll (For win2K only, later versions of Windows have GDI+ pre-installed)

Note:

There are both 32 and 64 bit versions of the PDF-XChange Viewer control and you should accommodate both in your distribution – please see the appropriate SDK insallation folder to locate the 32/64 bit versions provided.

Important: The PDF-XChange Viewer SDK requires Windows 2000 or later!

See Also

IPDFXCview::GetVersionInfo

Or - if you prefer ....

We also provide a complete installer Developers may use to replace the above process should they prefer - it may be called silently from within your own application installer should you wish - using the command line switch /VERYSILENT

This may be downloaded from : https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXV_dev.zip
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
WayneH
User

Post by WayneH »

If I am not using the interface or creating a PDF viewer,
why do I need to include

PDFXCview.exe
or
Resource.dat ?

PDFXCview.exe is a stand-alone viewer - why do I need to distribute that?

Sorry, I don't understand.
WayneH
User

Post by WayneH »

It appears that you do need resource.dat as it has items necessary for handling pdfs, but I do not think that
PDFXCview.exe is necessary when only using the ActiveX.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Yes - you do need need PDFXCview.exe - as that is the main Viewer you are embedding as an Ax in your application - just as the help file redistribution lists.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com