SMTP Send Mail issue

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

docu-track99
User

SMTP Send Mail issue

Post by docu-track99 »

I'm having some issues getting the Send Mail to work with SMTP information. It works fine with MAPI, but never with SMTP.

I'm using version 4.0.0000.0149 of the netlib40.dll and I've included a simple project as an example of how I'm trying to do this, any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
SendMail.zip
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Last edited by docu-track99 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Send Mail issue

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

I have not as yet passed this on to our VB dev - but looking at your code - your SMTP setup has no account info prescribed - whereas your MAPI setup does - could that be it ?

also please note this is a developer issue and you are posting in the End user forum ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

Obviously the SMTP information has been stripped for safety sake, as I've done to the MAPI information as well now (didn't notice it at first, and it's inherently more secure since it's using the account and password of the email program rather than provided information). When all the blanks are filled with valid SMTP information it still doesn't work.

As for the wrong forum, if you could put this in the right would I would be quite thankful.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Will check you code, and tell what need to be changed.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
docu-track99
User

Post by docu-track99 »

Is there any new information about this issue?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This is being worked on now.

thanks for your patience
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We have tested your code using our SMTP server and all works well.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.