Trying to figure out what to use

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tturner
User

Trying to figure out what to use

Post by tturner »

I read the developer FAQ but that didn't help me...

I use VB6 and would like to be able to read a cover page template from a standalone PDF file.
- use VB6 to add text onto the cover page... name, date, etc.
- then also print other pages to the PDF... that currently are written in VB to write print lines to pages and using newpage to go to the next page

- at end I'd like to either print the doc to a printer (without viewing in acrobat)
or, save as a standalone pdf file
or, email pdf as attachment to customer

This is a Desktop VB6 application and not a server application.

Will one of the developer kits help us?

If not can you refer me to some other tool that might help with general printer functionality for customizing the "branding" on a canned programmed report. We just need to change the logo, font, borders on/off, colors, and perhaps have some varying templates user could choose from...
Any help appreciated... I've used Xchange Lite for many years and recommend it to everyone I know.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Trying to figure out what to use

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

You will need to use elements of more than 1 SDK.

The Drivers API SDK to print new PDF's and the PDF-Tools or Viewer ActiveX SDK to add text to an existing PDF. The Viewer ActiveX will also allow you to print PDF's without any reliance on any other 3rd party tools such as Acrobat.

If you need to distribute to less than 7500 desktops - then your best value would be the PDF-XChanGE pro sdk - as this includes all we do for PDF, Drivers, DLL Libraries and 7500 desktop licenses to distribute the Viewer SDK ActiveX.

Otherwise - you will need to purchase extra CDLP's (Client distribution license packs) for the Viewer SDK if you need more than 7500 - see here :
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/home/de ... iewer_SDK/

You can download fully functional versions of al our SDK's here :
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads/dev/

we reccomend that all dev's use the eval versions (which have one restriction - watermarks are placed oin all generated PDF's and printed output) right up to the point of distributing their app to the client - a simnple recompile is all that is required once licensed to embed the license strings in your code.

Finally - one item VB's dev's ofter overlook and have problems with when evaluating - our dll's must reside in the same folder as your app .exe - or you will receive errors.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com