Create an Tex Box annotation

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ephinox
User

Create an Tex Box annotation

Post by Ephinox »

Hi i hope this is the right sub forum for my question.

I have to create an pdf from an image file, with some text box annotations on it.
I searched in the SDK documention as well here in the forum but i couldn't find a function to create a text box annotation.

Does the implementation of the text box annotation differs so much from the text annotations.

Or my approach is just wrong ?

Thanks for your time :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Create an Tex Box annotation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ephinox,

Using the PDF Tools SDK, you can create PDF files with image and text content on them, but the text would be part of the "base content". Is it absolutely mandatory that the text you add is in annotation objects or can it be in the base content (but over the images)? If it is - then you will need to create the PDF file with the image inside, and then open it in the Viewer AX and use some JS to add the annotations on top.

Regards,
Stefan
Ephinox
User

Post by Ephinox »

First at all, thanks for the quick answer.

Sadly it is mandatory that the text appears in an Text Box annotation.
Just for clarification, so it is not possible to create the new pdf programmatically and to add the annotations at the same time?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Ephinox,

It will be possible with the Low Level API - but you need extensive knowledge of the PDF format and structure, and we do not provide support for that.

So the High Level way wold be to create the PDF - add the image(s), and save the file.
Then open it with the Viewer AX, execute the code to add the annotations, and save the file again.
This can all be done via code but will be a two step process.

Regards,
Stefan