Low Level API to Determine if PDF is a PDF Portfolio

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jpicinich@iprotech.com
User

Low Level API to Determine if PDF is a PDF Portfolio

Post by jpicinich@iprotech.com »

I am using Pro 4.0.191.0.
I currently have code using Adobe Library that tells me if a pdf is a package or if it is an email package. I am trying to move this thinking over to PDFExchange using low level api. I have gotten the dictionary from the root object and the trailer which should be the Catalog. I then try to get the Collection dictionary from the Catalog but are unable. In my code using Adobe I get the Catalog from the root object and then the collection from that. I also then get the Names dictionary from the Catalog. Is this possible using PdfExchange?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Low Level API to Determine if PDF is a PDF Portfolio

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jpicinich@iprotech.com,

We do not normally provide support for the Low Level API SDK, but I spoke with one of the colleagues from the dev team and he told me that if you provide a sample code that is not working and a test file he will take a look.

Regards,
Stefan
jpicinich@iprotech.com
User

Post by jpicinich@iprotech.com »

Thanks Stefan,
I have included 3 files. One is my code using Adobe Library so you can get an idea of what I want to do. The second is my low level declares and the third is PDFExchange code that I am testing with.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Joey
Attachments
Joeys_Code.zip
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Joey,

My colleague from the dev team has reviewed your samples and here are his comments:
I need working sample with source code (using our SDK).
Also, PDFExchange_ISPDFPackage.txt is incomplete, it hasn't too much code regarding to Adobe_ISPDFPackage.txt.
So can you please send us such a sample?

Regards,
Stefan