Can I use PDF Tools SDK to play PDF form in my app?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Stoil
User

Can I use PDF Tools SDK to play PDF form in my app?

Post by Stoil »

Can I use PDF Tools SDK to show PDF form in my WinForm application?
Can users do the next things:
- fill form (XFA too)
- search text
- extract text to save into RTF file
- print PDF
- save PDF to disk

and can I use PDF Tools SDK to show PDF into website or have to use PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK?

Thank you in advance!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Can I use PDF Tools SDK to play PDF form in my app?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Stoil,

You will need the Viewer AX SDK for integration in your WinForm application. The PDF Tools is designed to work in the background and doesn't render the PDF files for displaying.
The Viewer AX can display and handle your documents allowing users to fill in forms, print and save the PDF to disk.

For searching inside the PDF - you can do that with the PDF Tools if you want to perform it in the background or if the user needs to be able to do that - then again it's the Viewer AX that can do this.

Extracting text will be done with the Tools SDK.

For integration in a website you will again need the Viewer AX.

Regards,
Stefan