merging A3 document to A4

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

black71
User

merging A3 document to A4

Post by black71 »

Hi all.
Can you help me?
I've a "target" PDF document in A4 size, vertical.
My application reads another PDF file to append (in this case a A3 horizontal file), recognizes it as horizontal and A3, so resizes and rotates it (using PXCp_PageSetRotate and PXCp_TransformPage functions).
In my final pdf file, I can see the second page still remains as A3 page, while the content of this page is perfectly resized at bottom-left.
I would like to have both pages as A4.. how can i resize a *page*, not only the content of a page?
Thanks,
Luca
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: merging A3 document to A4

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Luca,

After you rotate and transform the original page how are you copying it's contents to a new page in the target document or are you doing something else?

Also shall I move this topic to the PDF Tools SDK subforum as you posted in the end user one but it's clearly a developer question?

Regards,
Stefan
black71
User

Post by black71 »

Ooops,. you' re right..obviously developer section...

After I resize and rotate, I finally use PXCp_InsertPagesTo (source, destination) function, where "source" is a PDF object I created in PXCp_Init and used to open and modify A3 file, "destination" is previously used by my target file, which is a A4 one.

Luca
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Luca,

Please try to create a new A4 page in the target document and then use the
PXCp_PlaceContents() method instead of InsertPages.

Best,
Stefan

P.S. also moved the topic to the correct forum.