How to export PDF document pages to images

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

costea
User

How to export PDF document pages to images

Post by costea »

Tell me please how to export PDF document pages to images using SDK PRO?
I know how to export the images in PDF Viewer SDK, it is using the function ExportDocument. But I need a non UI method to do that, that's why I think SDK PRO is suitable for this.

Thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to export PDF document pages to images

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello costea,

Using the Viewer Simple DLL SDK you can render any PDF page to a Device Context - and then handle the bitmap data from there on to create an image of your choise. This process cna be run in the background without any UI.

Regards,
Stefan
costea
User

Post by costea »

Hello,

I have rendered the PDF page to a disk image using PDF Viewer SDK. But I cannot run the code that renders images in parallel with UI thread (ex: Viewer.DoDocumentVerb(0, null, "ExportDocument", null, out outData, (int) PXCVA_Flags.PXCVA_NoUI)), calling any Viewer function blocks because it is waiting for the UI thread. Can you advise what should I do in this case?

Thank you,
Costea
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Costea,

Those methods are from the Viewer AX SDK - and to use that - you will need a UI.
The Viewer Simple DLL SDK is separate:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... le-dll-sdk
And can be used for rendering in the background, without any UI required.

Regards,
Stefan