Email pages of report to multiple recipients

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

incredibill
User

Email pages of report to multiple recipients

Post by incredibill »

Given a report of 221 pages, for 200 separate customers, with page break on customer...

Ultimately, I need to email selected pages out of the report to the respective customers.

Is there a way to parse the PDF's looking for a value (customer number) in a specific location, and email those pages to that customer's email address, or print only those pages to a unique file for each customer so that the files can be emailed in a separate process?

The only other alternative I see is to call the report 200 times and change the job name each time.

Hopefully, I expressed this well enough to convey my objective.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Email pages of report to multiple recipients

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi incredibill,

in a PDF it is a difficult and complex thing to find what text is in a certain position. Also splitting a 200 page PDF to 200 single page documents will be very time and memory consuming.

When asked about this, my development team leader said:
I would say that the alternative method (to call the report 200 times and change the job name each time) is much-much better with any SDK
I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com