Read a number of pages from a multi page TIF for conversion

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pmazurk
User

Read a number of pages from a multi page TIF for conversion

Post by pmazurk »

I need to process large multi-page TIFs into PDFs. My problem is that the TIFs are so large they exhaust the memory on my workstation. I thought I could solve that with PXC_AddImageExW multiple times to read in smaller parts of the TIF, which I could then output to smaller PDFs. Those smaller PDFs could then be combined back into one larger PDF. However, I don't see how to use this function to read n pages of the TIF, starting at page x. The first call to the function goes great (as expected). All subsequent calls return the same content as the first call. Is there any way to tell this function to read 300 pages from the TIF starting at page 600 (for example)?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Read a number of pages from a multi page TIF for convers

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pmazurk,

I spoke with one of my colleagues from the dev team and the advice he gave is that you should try to use the PXC_AddImageFromImageXChangePage method, and use Image XChange before that to load the tiff file in question.

Best,
Stefan