Digital Signature Appearance

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

atul
User

Digital Signature Appearance

Post by atul »

Hi,

I just saw one digitally signed PDF document where, if the digital signature is valid, there is one additional check mark that is printed and when it is unknown, addional question mark is displayed that is printed. See attached.

How to do that using the PDF SDK ?

Atul
Attachments
Doc1.zip
(24.13 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Digital Signature Appearance

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the post - to the best of my knowledge, we should already be doing this automatically. Could please provide a sample PDF that demonstrates this in Adobe?

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
atul
User

Post by atul »

Hi Will,

Please see attached file for visible appearance of signature validation. How can we do this ?

Atul
Attachments
Signed.pdf
(54.67 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi atul,

Attached is a screenshot of how this signature displays in our Editor.

Cheers,
Stefan
Attachments
Untitled.zip
(320.82 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
atul
User

Post by atul »

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for being unclear. That document with verification icon is generated from another application. If you add signer to trusted identity, this question mark will turn in to green tick mark.

The issue is, I am using your DLLs in my VB application and I can sign PDF using function PXCp_SignDocumentW successfully but this verification question mark is not displayed.

My question is, how to achieve this run time verification icon appearance using your LIB.

Atul
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi Atul,

Thank you for your post.
The icons you see are implemented by the application that renders the document, therefore it is not implemented by PXCp_SignDocumentW() function.
There are several ways you could imitate the same behavior. One way would be to add an annotation with the icon you want to show on top of the certificate. Please take a look at the function PXCp_Add3DAnnotationW() from PDF-ToolsV4SDK.pdf manual.
Thanks.
Sincerely,
atul
User

Post by atul »

Hi,

But the icons are changed automatically depending on the validity of the signature. How are we going to do this using PXCp_Add3DAnnotationW()

Can you send the code ?

- Atul
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Atul,

This is up to the displaying application to handle - and show or not question marks and green ticks for different signatures. You as the creator of the document just add the signature, and then our Editor, or Adobe's reader adds the additional visualization to the signature.

Regards,
Stefan