I Need a Annot Subtype = Stamp

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

promisekey
User

I Need a Annot Subtype = Stamp

Post by promisekey »

Are there any functions that can create an Annotation Subtype = Stamp? I tried the PXCp_Add3DAnnotationA function, but it creates a subtype of 3D.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: I Need a Annot Subtype = Stamp

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello promisekey,

You've posted in the PDF-Tools SDK forum, and I am afraid that there is no quick and easy way to add a stamp annotation with the said SDK, but do you really need this to be an interactive stamp? It would be much easier to add a text/image watermark with the available methods and the effect could be the same as if you placed a stamp.

Best,
Stefan
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

The stamp needs to display a gif, bmp, or jpeg image in a specific location. Is there a high level function that can do this?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi promisekey,

Yes using the PXCp_AddWatermark you will be able to place an image based watermark at any location on a page (or multiple pages).
Please see the PDF Tools SDK help file, and the example for the PXCp_AddWatermark method in there.

Best,
Stefan
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

Thanks, I will give it a try.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)

Do let us know how that goes.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

I don't think this function is going to work for me unless I can make it an Annotation.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Promisekey,

Could you please let us know why it is absolutely necessary that you have this image inserted as an annotation and not as a watermark?

Do you need those images to be available for the users to manipulate through a PDF Viewer?

Best,
Stefan