PXCp_AddTextAnnotation

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

promisekey
User

PXCp_AddTextAnnotation

Post by promisekey »

I was looking through the documentation (PDF-ToolsV4SDK.pdf) and found the PXCp_AddTextAnnotationA function under the XCPro40 LIB Functions. After looking at your VB6 examples, it seems this is a PXCLIB40 LIB Function. Is this function in the incorrect section of the documentation?

I would like to open an existing PDF and add an annotation. Can you tell me how to do this? (note: I want to do this using the PDF-Tools, the ActiveX control is not being used)
promisekey
User

Re: PXCp_AddTextAnnotation

Post by promisekey »

I found the function in the VBNet examples for the XCPro40.dll. Are there any examples how to use this in VB6? Thanks.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Yes, we have a VB6 example in:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\Examples\SDKExamples\VBExamples\PXCPro_Demo

(Directory may change depending on your installation directory).
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

Sorry, it is not in the VBExamples that I downloaded from your site. There is no example of the PXCp_AddTextAnnotation function in the VB6 sample you listed. I was able to find it in the VBNetExamples folder and adapt it.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

promisekey wrote:Sorry, it is not in the VBExamples that I downloaded from your site. There is no example of the PXCp_AddTextAnnotation function in the VB6 sample you listed. I was able to find it in the VBNetExamples folder and adapt it.
Oh, my apologies. I thought it was in there. The paradigm for usage is basically the same as for the other PXCp library functions though.

-Walter