Text is fainter when it has watermark behind it

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David_Carle
User

Text is fainter when it has watermark behind it

Post by David_Carle »

I've noticed that the text in a document that is 'on top of' a watermark appears lighter/fainter than neighbouring text in the same font which is not on the watermark.

The watermark is added using this Delphi code:

Code: Select all

AddImageWatermark('Header',lsHeaderFile,-1,liWidth,liHeight,9,0,60,0,255,29,0,'');
Is this the intended behaviour, or is there a setting that I can change to affect this?

Secondly, according to PDFX4DRV_API.pdf, page 49, for dwOpacity "Value must be in the range of 0 (fully transparent) to 100 (fully opaque)."

However, the code above and some examples on this forum seem to support a range of 0 to 255

Is this just another mistake in the documentation?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Text is fainter when it has watermark behind it

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello David,

Could you please provide a sample file, and also do test with a value of 255 - and if it is an error in the documentation - I will see this fixed asap.

Best,
Stefan
David_Carle
User

Post by David_Carle »

Hi Stefan

I have emailed the jpg to support@pdf-xchange.com

We encounter the same issue with each file we've tried.

With regard to your comment about testing with a value of 255, this is the value that is currently in use, as per the code line included earlier.

David
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi David,

Thanks for the sample image, but could we please also get a sample of a PDF file showing the problem.

Thanks,
Stefan