Document shows wrong characters

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

scdawson
User

Document shows wrong characters

Post by scdawson »

I have a PDF document that displays differently in PDF-Tools than it does in Acrobat, and it is causing problems.

Since this is a proprietary document, I cannot append it to this topic, but I will send it via email.

Thanks!

Shaun
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Document shows wrong characters

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Shaun,

the issue here is that Adobe Reader is using it's own font to render this and we are using system fonts. The font substitution is the issue. While we could go into the technical details of why this particular character is doing this the simple fix is to embed the font when creating the document. This will ensure that same font is used by any PDF rendering application including ours.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com