Keywords not included in metadata

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

scanstore
User

Keywords not included in metadata

Post by scanstore »

I just downloaded the latest update hoping for a fix for this issue but it does not appear to be in there. The problem is that some of the XMP metadata is not being set when the document-information metadata is. When I validate a PDF file created with my PDF XChange 4 SDK application using the validation tool at

http://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx

I get the following result:

Validating file "CDC343-000007.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1b
The required XMP property 'pdf:Keywords' for the document information entry 'Keywords' is missing.
The XMP property 'pdf:Producer' is not synchronized with the document information entry 'Producer'.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.

Please let me know if a resolution to this issue is in the works. Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Keywords not included in metadata

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello scanstore,

Seems like you have posted in quite an old topic that was also related to the end user Viewer.
I have asked the guys in our dev team to take a look at this, but in the mean time I made a quick test with our end user products, and a web page that I printed through our print drivers validated successfully on the site you tried for both PDF-A/1b and A/1a compliance.

Best,
Stefan
scanstore
User

Post by scanstore »

This was the topic that came up in a search for "XMP keywords"--sorry if this wasn't the best forum/topic for this question. After posting I noticed that there were several old discussions regarding the inclusion of XMP support in the PDF Xchange SDK but none appear to come to a definite conclusion.

If there was a way to prevent the "producer" tag from being set automatically this would also provide a workaround, since the PDFA-1b compliance issue is due to the XMP and document info tags not being "synchronized". If I can just have null values in both tags then the compliance checker will not report the values as out of synch.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

can you provide the file where the problem is reproduced? are you sure this file was created by our PDF/A compatible products?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
scanstore
User

Post by scanstore »

It was created by my application using the PDF XChange 4 SDK. Sorry for replying in the wrong forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

I'm afraid xcpro40.dll doesn't support PDF/A.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
scanstore
User

Post by scanstore »

You mean it doesn't support XMP metadata? Because it definitely appears to support (most of) the PDF/A standard. Otherwise how would this line of code work? PXC_NewDocumentEx(pdf, g_initstr, g_initDevCode, PXC_PDFX_Mode.PDFA_1b) Maybe it's PDF Tools and not XChange? I always confuse the two.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

There are two libraries - one for creation files (PXC_ functions) - it supports PDF/A; and another one - PXCp_ functions - for modification. The second one, strictly saying, doesn't support PDF/A files.

scanstore
User

Post by scanstore »

OK so I'm using the one for creating PDF files. Should it support XMP metadata? Is there a plan to include support for XMP? Is it possible to prevent the "Producer" tag from being written so that the missing XMP tag is also null and the file will pass validation?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

OK so I'm using the one for creating PDF files. Should it support XMP metadata?
Yes, it creates XMP automatically when PDF/A file is created.

scanstore
User

Post by scanstore »

Then why does the PDF/A validation tool report that the XMP metadata does not match the document info metadata? Do they need to be set separately? I am using PXCp_SetDocumentInfoW to set the metadata. Is there another function that would correctly set the XMP tags?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Please post in the correct forums to esnure a prompt answer - this is an end user forum - I will move your post - otherewise the dev team wont see it to answer ...

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

I split the topic and moved this section to the correct forums.

Best,
Stefan
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi scanstore,

as we discussed in email .:
If the PXC_* functions support PDF/A and PXCp_* functions do not, then is there a way to set the metadata when I create the PDF initially with PXC_NewDocumentEx so the XMP metadata matches the document info?
For now I'm afraid there is no way to do this. In V5 however will preserve PDF/A compatibility during document modifications.

I hope this helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com