New version & Tiff

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nirnir
User

New version & Tiff

Post by nirnir »

I saw your new version would support other file formats .
would it be able to open tiff files ?

Thanks
Nir
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: New version & Tiff

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Not natively - it will convert the file format in question (if supported) to PDF for viewing as part of the process.

Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
nirnir
User

Post by nirnir »

Hi,
I couldn't understand from your answer if it will support TIff files .

Thanks
Nir
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi nirnir,

it will open a .tif file and convert it to a PDF. This is the same as selecting File --> New Document --> From Image File and browsing to a .tif file.

So while you can 'open' a .tif file the image you will see will not actually be the .tif file but a PDF created from it. It is really an image import. Your original .tif file will be unchanged and if you save the document it will be a .pdf file not a .tif file.

Does that make it any clearer? I'm not entirely sure exactly what "support .tif files" means. It will not render a .tif as a .tif, only import a .tif to .pdf. The difference is subtle.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
ebbiTeam
User

Post by ebbiTeam »

...but it's also possible to import a tiff (now it's pdf), work with it (e.g. remove, change pages) and then export it to tiff again?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ebbi,

It is currently possible though the image XChange SDK, and as far as I am aware this SDK would be gradually incorporated into the Viewer and Tools SDKs so yes - in the long term it should be possible to do that only with the Tools SDK.

Best,
Stefan