Converting large number of PDFs to TIFF

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

AnKeilha
User

Converting large number of PDFs to TIFF

Post by AnKeilha » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello,
I would like to convert a large number of PDFs to TIFF, while making sure that the generated TIFFs look exactly like they would look in the PdfXChange-Editor. I would prefer to run it on a Unix/Linux-Server, but a Windows server would be possible as well.

Is the PDF-Tool SDK the right product to do this?

Regards,
AnKeilha

AnKeilha
User

Re: Converting large number of PDFs to TIFF

Post by AnKeilha » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Hello again,
I am a little bit surprised that I did not get any answer so far. :-)

Should I buy the PDF-Tool SDK?

Regards,
AnKeilha

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi AnKeilha,

sorry for missing your post.

"Do you really need an SDK" would be my first question. We have an end user product that may fit the bill, have you looked at PDF-Tools? https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-tools

PDF-Tools is designed to batch process large numbers of PDF files and shares a lot in common with the Editor. It should give you the same results as the Editor, can be automated, and should work for you "right out of the box", so to speak.

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

AnKeilha
User

Post by AnKeilha » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:53 am

Hello Paul,
thanks for the reply.

What we need is something that we could use as a microservice for converting PDFs to TIFF. Preferebly something that can be accessed via a REST service and runs on Linux.

But MS Windows is not a deal breaker. Can we run PDF-Tools as a service on Windows? Can it be access via HTTP/REST?

Regards,
AnKeilha