Release pdf-document

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HELID
User

Release pdf-document

Post by HELID »

Hello!
I´m working in Delphi 2006. I use functions from the high-level API in PDFXchange PRO 3.5 for reading and inserting things in pdf-document´s.
The problem I get is that the documents I´ve read don´t get released. When I want to use one of the pdf-document´s later with
the TFilestream object in Delphi, the Tfilestream object returns an error saying that the file is locked by another process. How do i release
the pdf-document after reading (PXCp_ReadDocumentW) or inserting (PXCp_InsertPagesTo) or writing (PXCp_WriteDocumentW)???
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Release pdf-document

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Please read the documentation, this is documented :wink: Check PXCp_Delete function.
But also please take a look at the WriteFlags parameter in PXCp_WriteDocumentW function. I would recommend you set it to PXCp_Write_NoRelease and a later call to PXCp_Delete function to avoid more complex handling of PXCp_WriteDocumentW results.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.