Displaying Page X of Y In A Footer?

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Robertio
User

Displaying Page X of Y In A Footer?

Post by Robertio »

I'm guessing there must be an easy way of doing this:

How do you create a footer displaying page x of y?

I'm using Delphi, but if you can give an example in pretty much any language I'll be OK. I have added a watermark that will display "page of page pCXp_GetPagesCount(..)" that works fine, but it is the looping of current pages (if this is necessary) that is unclear.

Ultimate objective is to open existing documents (pdf,doc,tif), merge them together (into a pdf) and then stick on a standard watermark, company header and a footer displaying the page x of y.

On a side note: the Delphi sample does not display watermarks. The m_Opacity was not set, so you may want to add a line to set it in the next release.

Thanks in advance :)
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Displaying Page X of Y In A Footer?

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you make clear: you are using DRIVER's API or PRO SDK ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Robertio
User

Post by Robertio »

It is the Pro SDK.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

the best solution I see, is to create a new PDF document with the number of pages equal to the number of pages in the merged PDF file.

On each page of this new document you can write anything you need, including "Page X of Y" by required coordinates. Then you will need to overlay these two files.

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Robertio
User

Post by Robertio »

Thanks Ivan, have got that working 8)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Excellent - pleased all is well ;)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com