Spooler-subsystem failure

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hansjoos
User

Spooler-subsystem failure

Post by hansjoos »

Dear all,
I still have problems with the PDF-XChange 4 Pro software. Apart from the fact that the PDF printer is nit visible in the list of printers when printing a document, I now found that the button PDF-XChange 4 in the Word 2007 menu also does not work. It does start making a beginning of making a pdf file but it does not finidh the job and the progress bar in the lower laft corner becomes green, but it also says 0% finished.
And this morning I tried to save a, from the internet downloaded, creditcard statement (yes, the download with the PDF-XChange viewer Pro was ok), but the "save as" button in the file menu gave no reaction, so I could not save the document.
What can be wrong with the software? :twisted:
Can you please help me with a solution. :?
Thanks,
Hans Trost
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Spooler-subsystem failure

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you say which build of the driver and viewer do you have?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
hansjoos
User

Post by hansjoos »

Ivan,
The Viewer is build 40.7
I have a buid # of PDF-XChange 4.o: PDF Saver which is build 154
I cannot find a buidl number of the driver. Where should I look?
Regards,
Hans Trost
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Looks like port monitor wasn't updated during intallation of the driver.
Please uninstall PDF-XChange (you can leave the viewer), reboot your computer, and install PDF-XChange again.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
hansjoos
User

Post by hansjoos »

Dear ....,
The last advice seems to work. I can see the PDF-XChange printer in the list of printers and vonversion from Word to pdf also works.
Thank you all for your help. :D
Regards,
Hans Trost, Bunnik, The Netherlands
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Excellent - thanks Hans.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com