Can't instantiate V4 ActiveX

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jcooper01
User

Can't instantiate V4 ActiveX

Post by jcooper01 »

I'm unable to instantiate the DLL with the version 4 driver (version 3 works fine). My programming environment is Microsoft Dynamics NAV, which uses a proprietary language called C/AL. I use lots of ActiveX controls in my code and I've never encountered this before. I tried on Vista and XP. When I attempt to instantiate the control, I get the following error:

Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID={AAF4C859-3ACD-4D27-88E6-B163C8D81BEC} 1.0:{217974DD-6777-4A9F-90A7-AA5EBA834BA2}:'PDF-XChange V4.0 Type Library'.CPXCPrinter.
Check that the OLE control or Automation server is correctly installed and registered.

I don't even really care about using the 4.0 version -- I just need compatibility with 64-bit Windows. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon Cooper
jcooper01
User

Re: Can't instantiate V4 ActiveX

Post by jcooper01 »

Just as a follow-up, the Automation control does appear in my list of available controls, so it is registered.
jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

Also, the VB example app that comes with the API works fine.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I'm not familiar with Dynamics, but maybe problem is because you cannot create CPXCPrinter directly. Instead of this you need to create instance of CPXCControlEx (GUID={AAF4C859-3ACD-4D27-88E6-B163C8D81BEC} 1.0:{217974DB-6777-4A9F-90A7-AA5EBA834BA2}:'PDF-XChange V4.0 Type Library'.CPXCControlEx), and then, using property Printer of this interface, you can get instance of CPXCPrinter.
HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

Thanks -- that worked great. Now my problem is that the events are not firing. My environment is like VB -- I just indicate that the ActiveX is "WithEvents" and the environment creates the event handler functions that correspond to your events. In all the testing that I've done, the events don't fire. They did on V3.
jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

I did not receive a reply, and my client is getting anxious.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

We have download Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 from the MS site (it is limited version for MSDN subscribers), installed it, but we are primarily C++ developers, it is almost impossible to understand this application :) We even cannot imagine where we can write code.

Maybe you can send us any small example, and some explanations?

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

I'd be happy to do a GoToMeeting with you -- it's too complicated to explain a midmarket ERP system on forum posting. :)
Tom - Tracker

Post by Tom - Tracker »

John

You can send an invite for the go meeting to sales@pdf-xchange.com - I will try then to forward the problem onto the tech team having seen the problem.

Please make sure that you place PDF-Xchange in the subject field to prevent not getting through the spam filters.

Hope that helps.
jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

During the meeting, I was told that a new build might fix my problem and that someone would email it to me. I didn't receive anything. Please help.

Thanks,

Jon
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

The Tech team have recommended you check the following links (note of AddHandler function)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6yyk8z93.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 9c4240ffd/

They may be of some use.

HTH

jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

I the handlers are in my code -- they just don't fire...
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Did you 'attach' your handlers using AddHandler ?

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Maybe would be best if you will send me some code snippets ?

jcooper01
User

Post by jcooper01 »

Would it be possible to have a phone call? I need to get this to work. I can show you what the issues are via a GoToMeeting session.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi jcooper01

I can arrange for a gotomeeting between you, myself and Ivan for a day next week if you want. Contact me on paul@tracker-software.com to arrange something.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Either way - before any meeting can be arranged - your code snippets are required ...
Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi jcooper01,

I am still waiting for those code snippets. We cannot arrange for that gotomeeting until Ivan has had a chance to go over them.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America