Problems with watermark using PDFXchange

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kenbla
User

Problems with watermark using PDFXchange

Post by kenbla »

Hello out there,
I have experienced a problem when creating PDF documents containing watermarks!
When I run the application on my development PC everything works fine, BUT when I move the application to my application server the watermark shows as a pink "strip" instead of the actual watermarktext, the watermark text doesn't show at all!! Very annoying.
If I mark the entire pink "strip" and copy it into Word (copy and paste) the text of the watermark shows!!
Have any of you experienced something like this? and do you have a solution for it?
Regards,
Kenbla
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

No have not experienced,

can I ask if the Server is a W2k box and if so have you installed Windows GDI+ ?

If not you need to - and finally if you still have problems, please zip and provide the actual PDF's - both the good one and the bad one.

PS. Which application are you using for PDF viewing and what version please?

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
kenbla
User

Post by kenbla »

Hi, and thanks for your reply. The problem is that some of my applications that are installed on the same server can create a watermark on the PDF files and other applications cannot!! It is very strange.
/Kenbla
Regards,
Kenbla
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

No problem - but if you want us to look into - we do need you to answer the questions and provide the info outlined above.

Otherwise we will assume you are not in need of further help at this time.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
kenbla
User

Post by kenbla »

OK, I have attached a zip-file which contains two test PDF files. The one named Bad_Pink.pdf has a pink/red watermark text at the bottom left which cannot be vewed in the document, and the other file Good.pdf has a watermark that can be read easily also at the bottom left!
If you mark and copy the pink/red watermark and paste it into for example Word you can see the watermark text like this: "Utgåvan sammanställd via PMF"
Both files are created on the same server using the PDFXChange software from a Delhpi program (version 2006).
Attachments
PDF.zip
(55.41 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Regards,
Kenbla
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Looks like you forgot to initialize m_LineWidth member of PXC_Watermark structure passed to PXCp_AddWatermark function. I'm right ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
kenbla
User

Post by kenbla »

That solved the problem!
I appreciate your support!
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Kenbla
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleasure :)

Best regards
Tracker Support
kenbla
User

Re: Problems with watermark using PDFXchange

Post by kenbla »

One more question for this subject.
What should m_LineWidth be initialized to?
Regards,
Kenbla
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Problems with watermark using PDFXchange

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

m_LineWidth specifies the stroke width for text when text rendering mode uses stroking. Width should be specified in point (1 point is 1/72 inch).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.