Problems with v4

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

heroldwinter
User

Problems with v4

Post by heroldwinter »

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has problems using the v4 SDK. BTW I'm using build 1046. My problems:
- The OnFileSaved is not always being fired whereas the OnEndDoc always is being fired
- sometimes the ShowSaveDialog is being displayed even when I have the option .Option("Save.ShowSaveDialog") = False.

BTW I'm using a VBA Class to trap events from PDF-X-Change:

Private PDFPFactory As New PXCComLib.CPXCControlEx
Private WithEvents pdfx As PXCComLib.CPXCPrinter

And I'm using an Access Report in Design-mode to print to PDF-X-Change by using DoCmd.PrintOut.

Thanks in advance,

Herold Winter
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Herold,

could you please provide a larger code snippet or preferably a small sample app showing the problem - and also please advise your Windows OS?

Please zip any files posted.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
heroldwinter
User

Post by heroldwinter »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a simple Access database with some code in it. When you run the VBA-command 'PrintSampleReport', a contained report is opened in Design-mode, and printed out to the standard-printing device.

I've tested this with PDF-X-Change standard edition 4, build 0146 (which is the most recent version) on Windows Vista Enterprise Edition x64 (Dutch) on a Dual-Core processor with all the latest Windows updates, but not Vista service pack 1.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,
Herold Winter
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Please check your Public Sub Start() method where options are set and use correct names of options (please note names are different into V3 and V4).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Also - please never post any project that contains your serial number.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
heroldwinter
User

Post by heroldwinter »

Hello,

First of all my honoust apologies...

I recoded the properties according to the SDK and found out this really helps. It is much more stable now. It is however strange that coding properties that do not exist makes the driver unstable. Maybe that is something you guys could work on.

Now the only urge is to get a new v4 serial. I've just emailed you this request.

Greetings,
Herold Winter
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Herold,

Does not appear we have your email - can you send again please and please make sure 'PDF-XChange' appears in the subject line to 'beat' our filters.

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support
in2crm
User

Post by in2crm »

Hello,

Seems that after a few other tests the driver/ActiveX isn't working like it should. I've coded the properties according the API-docs (which contains a minor error : it states a subsection Comression.Index...

My problem : the OnFileSaved event isn't fired and sometimes the SaveAs dialog appears while it is propertized it shouldn't. What can be the cause? Is it Access not trapping the events out of the PDFXchange drivers because it is printing?

Please see attached demo-app and run (in VBA) the call 'PrintSampleReport'

Thanks in advance,
Ernstjan Freriks (collegue of Herold)
Attachments
trackersoftware.zip
Sample Access Database
(36.11 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The trouble occurs because the pdfx object is being destroyed before the event occured.

I'm not so familiar with Access and cannot say where this object is destroyed, but that is the cause.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
in2crm
User

Post by in2crm »

Hello Ivan,

You're absolutely right! Thanks! Silly of me I didn't noticed this myself. Now it works perfect for me!

Keep up the good work!

Greetings,
Ernstjan Freriks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Excellent - thanks Ernstjan :)

Best regards
Tracker Support