Is PDF-XChange Drivers Help v7 up to date?

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Freund
User

Is PDF-XChange Drivers Help v7 up to date?

Post by Freund »

Hi,
I think the help for v7 is not the correct one. I miss Properties to change from GDI mode to XPS, not all PDF Types are documentated. For example PDFA-3a, PDFA-3a, PDFA-3b, PDFA-3u. Wasn't there some breaking changes between v6 and v7 like "DevMode" section was removed and its options are available in "Paper" section?

regards, Christian
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Is PDF-XChange Drivers Help v7 up to date?

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Christian,

Yes, you are correct - the properties for changing from GDI mode to XPS are not currently documented as we are waiting for input from our development team in order to add it to the manual. I will send them a reminder and get back to you as soon as possible. Sorry for this delay, and have a nice day.

Sean
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Is PDF-XChange Drivers Help v7 up to date?

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Christian,

Our development team have come back with the information that you were seeking:

The name of the option that determines the printing mode is:

"RenderMode"

Please note that this is a top-level option, which is the same category as Paper, Compression etc detailed here:

https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxd ... tions.html

"Rendermode" has three available values:

"Auto" - the mode will be selected automatically based on the printing application.
"GDI"
"XPS"

Regarding your second question, the following PDF types are available:

"Auto"
"1.3"
"1.4"
"1.5"
"1.6"
"1.7"
"2.0"
"PDFA-1a"
"PDFA-1b"
"PDFA-2a"
"PDFA-2b"
"PDFA-2u"
"PDFA-3a" (-6)
"PDFA-3b" (-7)
"PDFA-3u" (-8)

You also asked about 'Devmode' - I believe you were talking about the pDevCode parameter of the IPXCControlEx Object. If that is the case then please note that pDevCode is only needed in cases where users have an old style license key such as "xxxxx-xx,etc…". If you have a new style of key then the pDevCode parameter should be left empty - it should just have empty quotes to mark it as an existing property. This is because the new style keys include the information from the pDevcode parameter, but we must retain the property as there are still users who have the old version of the key.

I hope this clarifies everything for you - it will all be added to the live manual later today. Thanks very much for the feedback - it is always appreciated and helps us to keep our documentation as up-to-date as possible. Have a nice day,

Sean
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623