IPXCControlEx.RemoveOrphanPrinters() - multiple instances

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nick.tucker
User

IPXCControlEx.RemoveOrphanPrinters() - multiple instances

Post by nick.tucker »

Hi Tracker.

I have just upgraded and ported my C++ code from using PDF-XChange 4.0 Drivers API SDK to PDF-XChange 6.

I notice the new sample C source code (CExAPI) shows IPXCControlEx.RemoveOrphanPrinters() being called as soon as the factory object is created to remove any old printer objects that haven't been cleanly deinitialised.

I've found that if two separate executables do this simultaneously, one sometimes causes the other to fail (issue unexpected dialogs).

Nick Tucker
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: IPXCControlEx.RemoveOrphanPrinters() - multiple instance

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

As usual RemoveOrphanedPrinters should not remove printers associated with launched app as it should be 'locked' by this app.
Will try to reproduce the issue locally and solve it as soon as possible.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.