Paper size confusion  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

musabio
User

Paper size confusion

Post by musabio »

In the process of upgrading from the v3 to v5 driver, I noticed that the paper size logic has changed, or I don't understand how it works. Previously (v3), the initial default paper size was determined by the driver Printing Preferences Settings dialog. Now it appears to be forced to A4, regardless of the driver Settings dialog. Is this correct? And if so, is it by design, or is it a bug?

I can override it by explicitly setting the Paper.SheetSizeIndex property, but I'm not sure of the recommended procedure for deciding what the user's default should be. Is it: create a DC for the static driver, retrieve its DEVMODE to get it's paper size, dispose of that DC, then create the IPXCPrinter, then set the paper size? That's doable, but does seem a bit roundabout.

Also, when it comes to setting the paper size, I noted in some other posts relating to this topic mention of both the Paper.xxx and DevMode.xxx property groups. But where is the DevMode property table documented? (I don't see it in either the online or PDF documents for the driver API).

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Paper size confusion

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jack,

Yes there has been a change of logic. As for determining the default size - for most of the world A4 would be OK, and for the US/Canada you could set it to Letter / AnsiA - you can determine this using the locale ID on each end user's machine.

Regards,
Stefan
musabio
User

Post by musabio »

Understood. Not thrilled, but I can implement a workaround for people who don't prefer to use the locale default size.
Thanks,
Jack
p.s. I'm going to follow up on the DevMode question separately.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)