ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tdonovan
User

ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

Post by tdonovan »

I have a DLL that works on most of our computers, but not two. In order to test, I create simple Word document.

I get a 429 error when executing the following line on two machines and not 5 others.

Set PDFPFactory = New PXCComLib5.CPXCControlEx

One of the two machines is windows 7 64 bit, one is windows 8.1 64 bit.

Of the other five machines, one is windows 7 64 bit, but it is my developer machine and the other four are windows 7 32 bit.

While my developer machine is not having any troubles and it is also 64 bit, I wonder if 64bit has something to do with it. I am running my dll in 32 bit and so tested with word in 32 bit.

From the error reporting in my dll and the test vba code in word, I am getting the error at the same place.

Worse, this is intermittent. Once in a while it will work, but I have had no luck issolating why it works. It is a very small % of the time.

On the two machines that are difficult I have tried my older versions of the driver (approximately a year old) and have tried the latest version that I downloaded today with the same results.

I have checked the registry and the control appears to be registered. I can type PXCComLib5. and it will auto complete the rest. I'm at my wits end as to what to do and why these will not work.

Thanks for any help offered.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tdonovan,

Have you made sure that the ActiveX control is properly registered on the systems where you are experiencing the problems?
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/DEV/de ... controlreg

Regards,
Stefan
tdonovan
User

Post by tdonovan »

Your link is to the instructions on registering the viewer control. I am talking about about the printer control (so I can print to PDF). I do believe I have registered the control and have compared the registry entries on machines that work and the machine that doesn't, but if you can give me a link to be able to verify it is registered, I would be happy to check.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello tdonovan,

Apologies - I assumed you are using the ViewerAX not the Drivers one. Here's the install instructions for the drivers:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/DEV/de ... stallation

Regards,
Stefan
tdonovan
User

Post by tdonovan »

I have followed the instructions and verified that the drivers are installed and registered. On two 64bit computers (windows 7) I have problems, on all the 32bit computers (windows 7) no problems. On my development machine 64bit, no problems. I realize we are shooting in the dark here, but any suggestions?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi tdonovan,

If you have followed the steps above, and it's still not working, I am afraid I am out of ideas as well.
Can you check the .dll versions and file sizes on the affected 64 bit machines and on your development one and see if they are the same files?

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you try to extract attached archive into the folder where pdfSaver5.exe has been installed and check if the issue still there?
Attachments
pdfSaver5.exe.3.zip
(530 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
tdonovan
User

Post by tdonovan »

The trouble system is actually running the newest version of the driver where my production system is using the July 2014 driver. I have tested the trouble system with the July 2014 driver with no luck.

I put the manifest in the directory, once as named pdfsaver5.exe.3.manifest and once as pdfsaver5.exe.manifest. Both with the same result - failed.

The manifest sounded like a good idea.

Tom
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

did you try to run pdfSaver5.exe /RegServer with admin rights?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.