Merging files to 1 PDF

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SteveN
User

Merging files to 1 PDF

Post by SteveN »

Using PDF XChange Pro SDK v5

I want to merge several documents into a single PDF file.
For example, I may have a Word document, a PDF file, an Excel spreadsheet, and a TIF image.
All of them may be multi-page.

1) Is there an example showing how to do this ?
2) What is the best approach - should I convert each document to a temporary PDF first, then merge them ? - or should I convert and append to a single PDF ?

Many thanks,

Steve
SteveN
User

Re: Merging files to 1 PDF

Post by SteveN »

Further to this-

I wouldn't know what, if any, TIF viewer was on a PC. Therefore presumably it would be better to use PDF Tools to convert from TIF to PDF
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Merging files to 1 PDF

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Steve,

Both PDF-Tools and the PDF-XChange Drivers allow you to insert/Append pages to an existing PDF file and yes you would be correct if you do not know what app's are available to convert from Tiff to PDF - use PDF-Tools - there are various app's in the example folder (both source and compiled) and I would suggest trying these to see which best suits your needs (and of course the documentation) and if you have specific questions - please do come back.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com