Problem importing profiles and problems with dialogs appear

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RMan
User

Problem importing profiles and problems with dialogs appear

Post by RMan »

It appears that in the latest V5 build 270 that we cannot import profiles in the silent install. We get a dialog box that says "Problem with profile, error code:267" in our build of the driver. We haven't tested the normal developer build since we've wasted a day on this already.

The problem is the profile was exported from build 270 and you can manually Import it in the driver UI fine so I don't see where it can be a profile problem.

It happens if we use either the filename or a list file.
/InstallProfile="C:\Path\File.pp5"

or
/InstallProfile="C:\Path\list.lst"

Where list.lst is a text file like
C:\Path\File.pp5
C:\Path\File1.pp5
C:\Path\File2.pp5

The paths are all fine beause if we modify them or don't copy the files over then we get another dialog box that says they cannot be found.

Also we are running the install in verysilient mode with norebbot
" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART"

Which means there shouldn't be any dialogs displayed (both if the profile can't be found or if there is a problem) and any errors should be logged to an error file. It's kind of stupid to have a /verysilent mode if dialogs can be displayed isn't it?
RMan
User

Re: Problem importing profiles and problems with dialogs app

Post by RMan »

Here's a couple of the pp5 files we were testing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RMan,

Thanks for reporting this. Having checked it with one of my colleagues from the dev team this seems like an installer issue for now. We are checking in details now and should have some additional info later.

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Would you please provide us exact command line you are using to install?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

We are using our custom PDFX5AcroPlot.exe driver install. I think it might have something to do with the RunAs being elevated from our program because when running it from a .bat file I'm not getting the warning but it also isn't adding the profile with either our install or the standard PDFX5.exe installer.

"L:\CADzation\Code\AcroPlot\PDFX5AcroPlot.exe" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /DIR="C:\Program Files\AcroPlot\PDF-XChange 5.0 AcroPlot\" /GROUP="AcroPlot\PDF-XChange for AcroPlot Pro" /NOICONS /INSTALLPROFILE="C:\Program Files\AcroPlot\PDF-XChange 5.0 AcroPlot\Profile-ImageOptOff.pp5" /PName="PDF-XChange for AcroPlot Pro" /COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDF-XChange driver,Help,Languagess,OfficesAddin"
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you try updated installer? It is located here: http://www.docu-track.co.uk/5.0.270n1/PDFX5AcroPlot.exe
Please let me know if it works as expected or still has any issues.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
RMan
User

Post by RMan »

Thanks.

In updating from the old version the first time I did have a rundll32 program crash dialog box appear but in other tries it appears to be working alright and adding the profiles to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for all users as it should.

I'll do some more testing and let you know if anything else comes up.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks RMAn,

fingers crossed. :-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com