Developer access to IE Plugin

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

patient chart manager, llc
User

Developer access to IE Plugin

Post by patient chart manager, llc »

Hi, I noticed that with developer version V5 , there is not any IE installed, I realize that is an end user product, however, my application does load a window of IE, with no toolbar, have my own buttons, but I would like to know if there is a developer version to call the plugin to print web pages, from the visible web page, as using the driver to print in code, has too many issues with the default printer driver, and since you can't change the printer driver after form is loaded, I have to reload the page on a new instance of IE with default printer object pdf x-change, and many pages are password protected in the medical field, so I really need the ability to print from the shown browser page, and looks to me the plugin would be ideal. I have no problem making the end users also purchase and install the standard version of the printer driver to get the plugin if can't be redistributed.

Thanks
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Developer access to IE Plugin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi patient chart manager, llc,

There is no SDK that includes access to the IE Plugin programmatically, so you would need to purchase End user licenses for PDF-XChange Standard to incorporate the IE conversion plugin into your model.

You may be interested in our reseller program, which would allow you to purchase end user products at a 30% discount for resale to your clients, and add some value for your company in distributing the Standard for this purpose.

You can apply to become a reseller on our website here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/resellers/register

Let me know if you have any questions you can email me at sales@pdf-xchange.com.

Best,

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
User

I have no problem applying to resell this, but I just need to know there is some command I can call that will let the user print the web page.

Thanks
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Thank you for your post.
There is no command line interface to the Internet Explorer add-in, the access is available through the Graphic User Interface.
If you have any questions please feel free to come back.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

The best way around that is to set your application as the default PDF viewer, and in the settings of the IE addin, you can check a check box in Advanced settings to run default PDF software after conversion to initiate that unless they require a separate default PDF reader by default.

If they require a separate default PDF reader outside of your application I don't think this suggestion will work for your situation.

HTH

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
User

Ok, well, what i wanted was just to be able to show the same save as pdf button in my project to export the windows browser control in my vb6 program to PDF. I notice there is also a file called HtmlToPdfApp5.exe, as well as HtmlToPDF.dll, and is there any documentation for their usage? Would be nice even for hidden viewer control to make new PDF from web browser control, maybe could be done?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

I am sorry but those are end user files only, and there's no documentation on them. If you want to offer such an HTML to PDF conversion with preserving links etc - you will have to build your own parsing of HTML files, and then use e.g. our PDF Tools to build up the PDFs inside your own application.

Best,
Stefan