Images getting printed as black squares

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

GerardoManrique
User

Images getting printed as black squares

Post by GerardoManrique »

Hi guys,

We recently bought PDFX4 because we had this problem using PDFX1 with MS Office 2007. We take spreadsheets and images and insert them as ole objects into a report using Cristal Reports 7, then we sent the created document to print to a PDFX printer so we can get the PDF on file.

Everything was working fine using Windows XP, VB6, MSOffice 2003, CR7 and PDFX1. But when we changed from MSO 2003 to 2007 all the ole objects on the reports where printed as black squares. Due this we tried PDFX4 and it worked fine but just for reports containing 1 ole object, when the report contains 2 or more, the first one is a black square and the second one is ok.

Thanks god we found out that MSO 2007 SP2 resolves this problem, once you install it, all ole objects are printed ok... but our problem now is that we already requested to install the distributable PDFX4 over more than a hundred of PCs and it has been done and requesting again to install this SP2 will be a lot of work for our support team.

But the worst part is that we realized that installing the SP2 resolves so good the problem that we don't need to upgrade to PDFX4, because upgrading to SP2 also resolves the problem using PDFX1.

Could you please help us to make our reports work with PDFX4 but without the need of MSO 2007 SP2?

I'll be pending on your comments, questions... etc.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Images getting printed as black squares

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Gerado,

we will see what we can do for you. What we need is the source document that you are printing, (Word, Excel?), the resultant output PDF and the temp file as desrcibed in this article:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... e-an-issue

We can't promise what the results will be yet but we will certainly do our best.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
GerardoManrique
User

Post by GerardoManrique »

Got it Paul. I'll try to give you what you are asking for. We create the document on memory on runtime so there's no single source document, but I'll give you the component parts (spreadsheets, images). Once I sent you my first approach, you could let me know If you need anything else.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Sure - so long as we have the matching source/output and temp files we can look into this.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com