OnEndDoc and OnError events never fire

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dwallen
User

OnEndDoc and OnError events never fire

Post by dwallen »

I am sucessfully processing OnDocSpooled and OnFileSaved events (so I do understand how to correctly "wire" up the events), however, I can never get OnEndDoc or OnError to fire. I am using build 199, VB.NET 2010, Win7, x64, targeted for x32.

Basically I had the core functionality of my project working and then decided to add some user feedback (by handling OnStartDoc, OnEndDoc) and error handling (by handling OnError). OnStartDoc fires just fine, but I can never get OnEndDoc or OnError to fire. Any ideas?

Here are the signatures I'm using (from the documentation)...

OnEndDoc(JobID As Long, bOK As Long)
OnError(JobID As Long, dwErrorCode As Long)

Any ideas? I've tried changing from "Handles PDFPrinter.OnEndDoc" to "AddHandler PDFPrinter, AddressOf Me.OnEndDoc" with no change in behavior. Either should work, and do for the other events.

Thanks.

--edit for additional information--

The events fail to fire only in .NET 4, but fire correctly with .NET 2 and 3. The problem can be reproduced by switching your own sample project over to .NET 4.

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\Examples\APIExamples\C#Examples\PDFdriverAPI

Can you please confirm that you can reproduce the problem?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OnEndDoc and OnError events never fire

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello dwallen,

We are investigating this and will advise here shortly if we managed to reproduce this at our end.

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Is the problem reproducible on 32-bit Windows ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
dwallen
User

Post by dwallen »

I installed the developer kit on on an XP 32 bit machine so I could set breakpoints and test. OnEndDoc fires properly on XP, x32, .Net 4. When I installed I realized that it was a newer build (200) than what I had on the 64 bit machine (build 199). I went ahead and updated my 64bit machine as well, but the OnEndDoc still does not fire under Win7, x64, .Net 4. As mentioned before, even though this is a 64 bit machine, I am compiling a 32 bit target.

Please let me know if I can provide any other assistance. At the moment my project does not require any .Net 4 specific features so I'm just compiling to .NET 3.5 to work around the issue, but would prefer to ship with the newest .NET release.

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I will to find and fix the issue into next build.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.