Watermark name

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anovy
User

Watermark name

Post by anovy »

Hi,
In the documentation for the add watermark methods I can read "If there is already an existing watermark with the same name, it will be over written".

However I found that this is not true and surprisingly adding two or more watermaks with the same name to one IPXCPrinter instance causes drawing of two or more watermarks (although the Watermarks.Watermarks property contains only one name).

Is this bug or intent? If this is intent, how I can overwrite already added watermark (or at least how I can remove all the previously added watermarks)?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Watermark name

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Anovy,

the dev team member responsible for this set of functions is in transit to Canada and will be here tomorrow. I hope a couple of days delay getting you an answer will be OK here.

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

As I see, new watermark will be added even if it has the same name as existing watermark. will fix it
how I can overwrite already added watermark (or at least how I can remove all the previously added watermarks)?
The only way to do this is resetting settings to default using ResetDefaults function.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
anovy
User

Post by anovy »

Thanks, please inform me after the fix will be available. I suppose it will work exactly as described in the documentation (an existing watermark with the same name will be overwritten).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Jamie - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Jamie - Tracker Supp »

Happy Holidays to you as well!!

:)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Just to keep you up to date with how things are progressing we have created a support request ticket for this item so we can track it's progress. Please refer to RT#1382: Watermark name when inquiring about this.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com