PDFA validation not passed

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cmarsura
User

PDFA validation not passed

Post by cmarsura »

Hi,
I get a PDF/A validation failure for a pdf printed trough the PDF-XChange 4.0 printer configurated to emit a PDF/A-1b file. I validated resulting file (ABR10SW_userguide_it-ITPages31-32.pdf) using the Callas web validator at http://www.datalogics.com/products/call ... nedemo.asp, requesting PDF/A-1b validation. The validation did not pass because "CIDset in subset font missing (8 matches on 1 page)
- Text xcv9CE8.tmp,Bold 11.039 - 12.0 pt TrueType (CID) embedded (as a subset) (8 matches)"
. (See included pdfaPilot Report.mht).
To print the ABR10SW_userguide_it-IT.pdf I used your demo progam from the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK ...\Bin\AX_VBExamples\PrintDocument.exe, in the Show Print Dialog button:
- I selected PDF-XChange 4.0 printer requesting Properties->General->Use Advanced Settings->Conform to Specification: "PDFA/1b (RGB)";
- in the print dialog I changed the:
-- Page Range to 31-32;
-- Advanced...->Print Text as Curves:Auto

Note that:
- I am using your most recent tools; PDF-XChange PRO SDK and Viewer are from the 4.194 version;
- The problem must be probably in the pages 31-32 because printing the ABR10SW_userguide_it-IT.pdf up to page 30, the resulting file passes the validation instead printing up to page 35 the validation fails;

Thanks.

Carlo Marsura
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: PDFA validation not passed

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Thanks for your report. Will check it asap
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDFA validation not passed

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Carlo,

We had a ticket for this case:
#993: PDFA validation not passed

And I just got a notifications from our devs that this has been resolved, and that the fix would be in the new build (196) which we are expecting by the end of this week.

Best,
Stefan