Printing LiveCycle PDFs

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nick@signit.com
User

Printing LiveCycle PDFs

Post by nick@signit.com » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Has anyone successfully been able to print dynamic LiveCycle pdf files to static pdf using PDF-XChange?
Last edited by nick@signit.com on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing LiveCycle PDFs

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,

Before even getting to your reported problem - I have to advise you your serial number has been blocked !!!

You published your private license info in a public and open forum and the potential for non licensed individuals to copy and use this is now a real possibility - you will need to write to support@tracker-software with a link to this forum post and your license info and request a replacement - please dont do this again as it causes you and us inconvenience and please note we will only do this once - next time a replacement will regretabley be declined.

Thank you.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

nick@signit.com
User

Post by nick@signit.com » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Any suggestions while you're here?
Last edited by nick@signit.com on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:56 pm

n.p.

If you mean literally just print the PDF - then I am able to do, no problem - please see attached ...

Or am I missing something ?
Attachments
JVTest1.zip
(72.7 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

nick@signit.com
User

Post by nick@signit.com » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

We need to print it without user interaction on the operating system (i.e. via IIS / web page).

1. User uploads dynamic livecycle PDF and submits it
2. Server-side C# code grabs the file and converts it to static PDF using PDF-XChange.

Which is what my sample code (with conveniently pre-loaded license info) was attempting to do.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi Nick,

Can I suggest you take a look at our C# 'PrintDocument.exe' example that we provide with our Viewer ActiveX SDK or the 'PXCView36_sample_csharp.exe' Which comes with the Simple DLL Viewer SDK - both of which remove the vagaries of using the default PDF Viewer on the users system to load and output the PDF to PDF-XChange Printer.

In point of fact - if you are just wishing to 'flatten' the PDF - then you may be better to just open the the file and do so in our Viewer - rather then printing at all and remove the necessity to install a printer to convert with at all. But the first 2 will offer a means to do as you are now - albeit they currently have user interaction it should not be too tough at all to modify and code the app to watch for files in a folder or whatever 'trigger' you choose to employ.

Best regards
Tracker Support