Windows permissions

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DISystemer
User

Windows permissions

Post by DISystemer »

Hi, after installing version 7 of PDF-XChange drivers API our application is no longer able to print. We have traced it down to a Windows permissions issue: if we enter a breakpoint in the application after the printer is created, but before printing actually starts, and modify Windows permissions for the printer everything works.
After the printer is created the permissions are like this:
image.png
If we click Allow for "Manage this printer" and "Manage documents" everything works for this print job, but when the printer is recreated for the next job permissions are reverted to default and it stops working.

Please advise on how we can remedy this. Let me know if you need more information.

Br,
Arnstein By
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Windows permissions

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Arnstein By,

Last night I passed your report to our devs, and they have confirmed to me that they will investigate why this is happening - and if it is a problem at our end - will work on a fix!

As soon as we have any further updates - we will post them here!

Regards,
Stefan
DISystemer
User

Post by DISystemer »

Thank you Stefan, I hope you are able to find an explanation.
By the way, I run Windows 10, and the application in question is made with extend (AcuCobol) and running through this runtime (wrun32). We also have applications written in Delphi and they seem to run fine with PDF-XChange 7.
Just let me know if you need more information from us.

Br,
Arnstein
WilliamPharl
User

-

Post by WilliamPharl »

We use Windows Active Directory here and an ACL to manage user permissions of folders. Currently it seems the best way to manage the ACL permissions is to first create a template folder structure on disk, then set permissions and copy them to the projects root location. Then I can run bring online from the Production>Config section of a project and let it run through.

Another option would be just to open up permissions for the entire project hierarchy, which feels a bit risky to me.

Any suggestions?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, WilliamPharl

We should not interfere with windows permissions in any way, so there is little we can offer here, but I have asked our Dev team to take another look at this topic. If there is anything we can offer, they will post it here for you to try.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com