OCR getting started

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bluescope buildings na
User

OCR getting started

Post by bluescope buildings na »

I purchased the Pro SDK and have downloaded the LIVE zip file with the password for the extraction, I placed the real dlls in my project directory (same location as the exe in the bin folder), I assign a string to my "key" value and pass it to the OCR_Init call, however what is the code value? Net result, the sample program OCRDemocSharp runs, but it only processes two pages.

Is there a value for the code vs. the key. I sent an email to salessupport and they couldn't answer and told me to post here.

Here is the code in the example:

string key = "YOUR PRODUCT KEY";
string code = "YOUR DEVELOPER CODE";
hResult = PDFXOCR.PDFXOCR_Funcs.OCR_Init(out pdf, key, code);

I assigned the key value from when I purchased the SDK (the huge string), but I don't know what the developer code should be, I assume this is the problem because it will only process 2 pages, then returns a message of 1107961621 which converted to Hex is 420A2715 which matches OCR_WRN_NOT_LICENSED.

Does anyone have a C# example that works? You can leave your key out just give me a clue on the key vs. code in the Init call.

Thanks
Alan Anderson
alan.anderson@bluescopebuildingsna.com
bluescope buildings na
User

Re: OCR getting started

Post by bluescope buildings na »

Resolution is: Currently the OCR SDK software uses the old style key and developer code, not the new key only method. Works fine with the old style key.

Alan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OCR getting started

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Alan,

Glad to hear you found the solution yourself, and apologies for not replying sooner!

Regards,
Stefan