OCR an Image?

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

OCR an Image?

Post by jeffp »

Can I make a suggestion to allow an image as the starting point for OCR. Our clients have a lot of TIF images as the starting point. Right now I have to insert the TIF into a PDF page and then hand that PDF page off to your OCR engine, which in turn will re-rasterize the image to do the OCR.

Could OCR_Load be expanded to include images like TIF and JPG?

Thanks for the consideration.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: OCR an Image?

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

In theory it is an easy feature to add. As I said in the orientation detection comment, it will be added to this version if time allows. But our top priority are a few other feature and quality enhancements that we are pretty heavily focused on, so this will be added only when/if time allows.

I can promise that it will definitely be included in our next SDK major release, and I would hope to get it into this one, but that's going to depend on the progress of our higher priority feature development.

-Walter
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Sounds good.

When you say "this" release, do you mean .202?

And do you mean v3 when you say next "major" release?

I'll be looking forward to this and the auto orientation.

Great product. Keep up the good work.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

By "this" version, I mean version 2.x of the Pro SDK, as opposed to the upcoming version 3 release. So it will certainly be in version 3.x but if we can find time to implement it into version 2.x before v3 release, we will.

-Walter