I was able to get better results, however still not as good as I was hoping.
"They" are getting about 95% of the words using a color image, and the resulting
fidelity is still great.
I am getting about 80% of the words but sacrificing fidelity greatly.
I can typically get more words at 200 dpi than 300 dpi, for example,
however the resulting image is too low-fidelity to be used - particularly
since the original PDF is vector, and using OCR seems to change it to raster.
(Another problem since we lose image fidelity)
Theirs: 1,423 words
Mine: 759 words
Text from the same locations:
1. ALL PIPING TO BE STAINLESS STL SA312-TP304.
2. SOCKET WELDS TO HAVE 1/16" MIN. CLEAR SPACE BETWEEN END OF PIPE & BOTTOM OF SOCKET.
3. OIL RETURN LINES TO BE PITCHED IN DIRECTION OF OIL FLOW. 1" PER FOOT MINIMUM.
4. ROUTING OF PIPING MAY BE CHANGED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ERECTOR TO CLEAR
LOCAL OBSTRUCTIONS. FINAL ROUTING IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ERECTOR.
5. ERECTOR TO LOCATE, CUT & DRILL SUPPORTS AS TO ELIMINATE ALL STRAIN & LOAD
ON EQUIPMENT CONNECTIONS.
6. ALL PIPE & FITTINGS SHOULD BE CLEANED OF DEBRIS BEFORE CONNECTING.
7. FOR PRESSURE TO PRESSURE FIELD SCHEDULE SEE DRAWING 357573C.
Mine (missing one entire line):
ALL PLPLNC T0 BE STALNLESS STL SASTZrTPwA.
WLu. W T“ e
0LL RETURN LLNES To BE PLTCHE0 LN 0LRECTL0N 0E 0LL EL0w L" PER E00T MTNTMUM
. RoUTLNC 0E PLPLNC MAY BE CHANGED AT THE 0LSCRETL0N 0E THE ERECT0R T0 CLEAR
L00AL 0BSTRUCTL0NS ELNAL R0UTLNC LS THE RESPONSTBTUW OE THE ERECTOR
0ENRECET0O0RLPNTE0NTLOCCA0TNEN,ECCTULT0NLS2. DRLLL SUPPORTS AS TO EUMTNATE ALL STRALN & L0A0
ALL RLPE a: ELTTLNCS SHOULD BE CLEANED 0E DEBRLS BEEORE CONNECTLNC
EOR PRESSURE T0 PRESSURE ELELD SCHEDULE SEE 0RAWLNO 3575730.
I've got a lot more info if necessary.