Problem with MS-Visio

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mattes57
User

Problem with MS-Visio

Post by Mattes57 »

I have a document für MS Visio 2003 wich is in landscape format. When using the PDF XChange _printer_ driver, everything is fine. However, when using the PDFXC Office Plugin, I get 2 pages in portrait format, which is NOT what I want.
Maybe I just set the wrong options, but it may also be a bug.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mattes57 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Problem with MS-Visio

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mattes57,

I have not used MS Visio myself, but it might be overwriting the settings of our Driver with the printing preferences set up in the main Visio Printing Preferences page.
Please check that as well, and if it's not helping, then try printing the resulting file using e.g. our Viewer, and Multiple pages per sheet as in the screenshot below.

Best,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mattes57
User

Post by Mattes57 »

Both, Visio and PDFXChange Office AddIn, are set to DIN-A4 Landscape. (Setting PDFXC to A4 Portrait produces the same output layout!).
Using PDFXC Viewer to print 2 pages on one works. However, this should be considered as a tricky bypass.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Mattes57

I acknowledge that printing through the Viewer is a workaround, but I also feel that the problem is most probably somewhere in the settings, as our printing driver will print whatever the sending application tells it to.

Best,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Look in PDF-XChange 4 tab > click Settings icon > (tab Settings) > Paper > Layout >
Change the "Sheet Size" to "Auto" and have a new try...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello again Willy,

My settings in the printing Driver are all on Auto - and without having that Visio here to try myself I do still believe the solution is somewhere in it's settings.

If you can't find the solution today I will try to test in a virtual machine settings tomorrow.

Best,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Stefan,

To be clear, my reply was not a proposition to reproduce the problem. It was simply the solution.
Mattes57 says that he uses the PDF-XChange 'Add-in' in MS-Visio 2003 and set the size to 'A4'.
In my opinion he has to set the size to 'Auto' (in the PDF-Xchange Add-in Settings) to solve his problem.

N.B.: This kind of problem is only present in Microsoft Visio, not in Word, nor Excel, ...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Willy,

Ops my bad here not reading very carefully (and not having Visio to test myself).
Thanks for the solution and I hope your advise has helped Mattes57 resolve the problem.

Cheers,
Stefan