mass generation from web pages

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jos van der Hulst
User

mass generation from web pages

Post by Jos van der Hulst »

In attached zip file you will find a number of web pages from which I attempted to make pdf documents. Only a few of them are OK. The DEUM3 and NLDM3 files are from nonexisting documents, the GBR files is not processed and most of the others have no contents.

I have just bought version 4 (version 3 is still on my machine, does it not update? Can I just uninstall it?

The version I am using is (product id 124-6240762-3205)
Serial no Do not post serials in forum!

Thanks
Attachments
pdfs.zip
htm and pdf result
(290.81 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: mass generation from web pages

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you say how you made a convertions ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Jos van der Hulst
User

The zip file I sent is one directory.

So all htms and subdirectories with graphics in one directory.

Then using the the Office to PDF interface: create watched directory and start processing, put result in the same directory.

Regards

Jos
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

well, thanks. Will check and fix asap.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Jos van der Hulst
User

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:well, thanks. Will check and fix asap.
Any news about this problem? Need solution before Jan 13 2009.
Regards
Jos
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Problem with blank pages was already solved. Fixed version of Office to PDF will be available in the end of this month.
Also must admit that files which you are trying to convert has long number in the end of filename, so this conflicts with PDF-XChange Save Options and you getting PDF's with wrong file name (such as DEUM3 or NLDM3). To avoid this go to Office to PDF app, choose "Options -> Options -> Save" and change "When file exists" from "Auto Number" to something else.
Jos van der Hulst
User

Corwin wrote:Problem with blank pages was already solved. Fixed version of Office to PDF will be available in the end of this month.
Also must admit that files which you are trying to convert has long number in the end of filename, so this conflicts with PDF-XChange Save Options and you getting PDF's with wrong file name (such as DEUM3 or NLDM3). To avoid this go to Office to PDF app, choose "Options -> Options -> Save" and change "When file exists" from "Auto Number" to something else.
Thanks, let me know when new version is available.

As regards filenames, you will have noticed that all filenames are of equal length, so I do not understand your comment. I removed all generated pdfs from the directory and ran the program agin just to test. The results are now different but you may see that some of the 'short' filenames, like NLDM6 are just duplicates of others. I ams sure no previous pdf exists before running it.

Example:
NLDM000271949183 and NLDM6 are duplicated

NLDM000171053113 and NLDM3 are duplicated

Please advise.

Regards
Jos
Attachments
pdfs.zip
new result showing duplicate pdfs
(323.59 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Please download the attached and replace the existing version you have - or a new release of the entire product will be available for downlaod in approx 2 hours.

thanks
Attachments
OFFice2PDF.zip
New version
(758.92 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com