Message in Outlook - You have chosen to save this web page using short file names

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Message in Outlook - You have chosen to save this web page using short file names

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

Currently I am running tests with PDF-XChange Pro, build 8.0.339.

In Outlook for Office 365 (version 1908, Build 11929.20776) when I open an email message and click the "Convert to PDF"-icon in the PDF-XChange ribbon, I get the following message:
"You've chosen to save this web page using short file names. The name needs to be 8 characters or less."

When I click "OK", there is another message:
"Unable to save email file into user's temporary folder".

Are you aware about these kind of messages and do you have a solution for this ?

Best regards.
Attachments
Outlook_01.png
Outlook_01.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Outlook_02.png
Outlook_02.png (2.33 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Message in Outlook - You have chosen to save this web page using short file names

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello again,

For one reason or another the problem with "Convert to PDF" in Outlook for Office 365 has gone.

So, no need for help anymore.

Best regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Message in Outlook - You have chosen to save this web page using short file names

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Willy

Glad to hear that all is working properly. I apologize for not replying earlier, I was looking into this but unable to reproduce it, and unsure what exact details you hadn't already provided would even be helpful for this case. I can say it is something that we have not seen before but from the error message, it does not appear to be an issue originating within our addin.

Perhaps the issue was resolved due to a windows or office update that was recently installed.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com